Introduction to Sensory Loss – Newmarket
Introduction to Sensory Loss on September 19th has been rescheduled. Please contact our Community Services for more details at [email protected].
This workshop is for organizations and individuals looking to gain knowledge and understanding of vision and hearing losses.
This interactive workshop will address:
‘Sensory loss’ is a term used to describe loss of the distance senses i.e. sight and hearing
– Improve understanding and raise awareness of factors that impact an individual with sensory loss
– Understand the differing needs of individuals with sensory loss and how you can improve your work practices to support and empower them
– Interactive Sensory Loss Simulations
– The mechanism of vision
– Common eye conditions
– Maximizing residual vision
– The mechanism of hearing
– Maximizing residual hearing